Once you’ve scanned your photos, it’s a great idea to attach details to them so the story behind each photo can stay with it. Here’s how.
Adding photo details
To add details to a photo, tap “What’s the story of this photo?” under the photo to add a description of what’s happening in the photo. In addition to typing out the story, you can choose from these storytelling options:
- A voice recording of up to 60 seconds.
- Scan and detect text - relevant if the image contains photographed or handwritten text (like in a scrapbook).
- Scan the back of the photo.
You can add tags to photos to easily search for them later, by tag. Scroll down to the bottom of the photo to see these available tags:
- Favorites - the heart icon.
- Date - for a specific date or just the year.
- Location: Enter a location's name and choose from the listed locations (Google Places).
- Names of people in the photo/s - Faces in the photo are automatically extracted. Add the name of each person in the photo.
To add details to a photo, tap the “Give your photo a title line at the bottom of the photo, to add various details:
- Title or description of what’s happening in the photo.
- Date or date range. It could be a specific date or just the year.
- Enter a location's name and choose from the listed locations (Google Places).
- Names of people in the photo/s.
For iOS & Android
Adding details to an album
If you have an album dedicated to a specific time range, event, or person, you might want to add those details to it. Go to the album screen and tap on the title at the top-left to add a title, date, location, names of people in the album, and a voice recording.
Adding details to a group of photos
You have the option of adding details to a batch of photos that share the same information. To do so, choose an album, tap Manage, select the photos to which you want to add details, and then tap Edit.
Need help and/or have more questions? Contact our support team for further assistance.
This page was last updated in June 2021