Supplemental US Privacy Notice
If you are an US resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests per the requirements of the applicable law.
1. Right to Know About Personal Information Collected and Processed by Photomyne
We may collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“Personal Information”). In particular, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||Real name, alias, postal address, email address, or other similar identifiers – if you provide such information. Unique personal identifier, IDFA, internet protocol address or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Name, address, telephone number, credit card number and Materials you scan or upload – if you provide such information.||
|C. Protected classification characteristics under state or federal law.||Age and sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression).||YES (if you explicitly provide such information, mainly through the Materials you upload)|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||NO (some of your Materials might include faces). We do not use any such information other than to provide you with the functionality of our Services.|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Information on a user’s interaction with a website or application, device information (such as operating system and its versions)||YES (information on your activity within the Photomyne Apps or our website for analytics purposes and personalized user experience)|
|G. Geolocation data.||Time zone; Information about your mobile service provider and Language settings.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio||YES (Only if you choose to use the ability to add sound recordings)|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||NO|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting a consumer’s preferences, characteristics or trends.||NO|
Note: You may select to use the Photomyne Apps to scan documents which include some of the information included in categories which are marked as “NO” above. We have no way to prevent you from doing so and if you decide to scan such documents, we do not use them or analyze them. If these documents include information in any of the categories above, we have no way to know that this is the case. We urge you NOT to scan documents in general and specifically those which might include personal information.
2. Right to Know About Personal Information Disclosed by Photomyne
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except for performing the contract.
3. Your Right to Access, Correct, Limit and Receive certain Information (Data Portability Rights):
You have the right to request us to disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called Data Portabliity Request).
- You also have the right to request us to correct inaccurate information and to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive personal information.
4. Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We will ask you to delete the Photomyne Apps from any or all devices, in order to complete the deletion.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with any applicable law, including the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
5. “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Request
We do not sell your personal information in the conventional sense (i.e., for money). Like many companies, however, we use services that help deliver interest-based ads to you and may transfer personal information to business partners for their use. Making information such as online identifiers or browsing activity available to these companies may be considered a “sale” under California law.
For purposes of California law, we may have shared the following types of personal identifiers in the previous 12 months to advertising companies (like ad servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors, providers of sponsored content, and others).
|CATEGORY||REASON FOR TRANSFER|
|Identifiers||Analytics and support|
|Internet or other similar network activities||Analytics and personalized user experience including advertising|
|Geolocation data||Analytics and personalized user experience|
If you have any questions, please contact us in accordance with the “Contact us” Section below.
6. How to Exercise your Rights
To exercise the access, correction, limitation data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
Emailing us at email@example.com
Only you or a person authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option (after providing us with contact details). Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights. Unless permitted by applicable law we will not:
- Deny any of our services;
- Charge you different price or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services;
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or a quality of goods or services.
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by law that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentives program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
8. Contact us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding how we use your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention “US Privacy Notice” in your message’s subject line.